Head of Software Engineering (must of managed teams minimum of 40 people - ideally 70+ people)
Salary up to 300,000 Swiss Francs to start immediately.
A world leading high profile E-commerce company based in Zurich are seeking a Head of Software Engineering. This role will be to lead and deliver state of the art, high quality solutions and enable the company to successfully continue its growth trajectory.
As the Head of Software Engineering you will be responsible for:
- Building, developing and leading software engineers and experts supporting them in implementing, operating and maintaining the enterprise applications landscape and cloud based infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership to a very dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle, and further developing metrics and support frameworks to measure the availability, integrity and reliability of the deployed business applications
- Lead a team of 70+ Engineers ( on shore and off shore)
- Defining the appropriate technology solutions based on business strategy/ requirement’s and ensuring the best possible resource allocation.
The Head of Engineering will have the following experience:
- 10-15 years relevant software engineering experience.
- Track record of managing large teams 45+
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, testing and relevant trade- offs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience leading a team developing in a fully Agile/ Devops environment.
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- “hands on programming” experience as a professional level.
A relocation package will be offered and on a case by case scenario.